Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
It's simple: we are being ignored.

I mean, think about it, how often do you see suggestions implemented? The only ones I've ever seen don't even involve changes to code. Instead, all the admins have the developers work on are features that are utterly useless. Why are they useless you ask? Well, because no one suggested them, implying it wasn't exactly wanted by the community. Oh sure, you got hyped, but would you rather have something cool you had no idea what it was until the day of release, or have something you wanted so long for?

Some examples: Survival Game's /sponsor, world events, etc. No one asked for them
Lucky Island update: No one asked for them. Somehow, they prioritzed this over making the game more accessible by remove the respack requirement.
Other random game updates...
And who can forget Blockband, the game that not only wasn't suggested for, but no one even plays?
etc.

Now, I'm not implying these updates are bad, they're just, y'know, not what the community truly wants.
PS: it is possible that a few people have suggested them, but they kinda get outshadowed by /party.

What about suggestions people want?
Remove Block Wars autobalance: suggested numerous times, ignored.
Fix the chat filter: suggested numerous times, ignored by admins and moderators?!? Seriously, if you're not going to add it, at least explain why!
Remove the resource pack requirement for Lucky Islands: suggested a couple of times, ignored for whatever strange reason.
Confirmation before purchasing item w/ points: probably my most popular suggested, upvoted unanimously 32 times, what reply did I get? "Just be careful when opening the shop?" Come on.
And who can't forget /party, suggested tens, if not hundreds of times by the whole community, and somehow, just somehow, it took the development team 3+ years and counting to create. Wow, facepalm ‍♂️ .
etc.

Why are these popular and amazing suggestions being ignored? Hypothetically, it is because the team is working on things they want, not the things the community want. Cubecraft, the community is everything. Where would you be without us? It is your job to make us happy, or people will start leaving- oh wait they already are. Either that, or they pretend the suggestions forum is invisible or something. Trust me, making things people actually want will win more players than just simply adding random things. And players -> $$$. The decline is real. No one can ignore the fact that just one short year ago, we were consistently hitting 10K players, and even occasionally 20K. And now? We'd be lucky to get over 6K.

So what's my suggestion then? Actually LISTEN to the community and start implementing and prioritizing user suggestions (the good ones, of course), instead of random features. Unless, of course, there is a major bug fix or something else of high priority ;).

Let's make the subtitle of the suggestions forum live up to its name:
Post any your server suggestions here! You are heard!

Last edited:

lil naz x

Nov 12, 2016
england

I mean, think about it, how often do you see suggestions implemented? The only ones I've ever seen don't even involve changes to code. Instead, all the admins have the developers work on are features that are utterly useless. Why are they useless you ask? Well, because no one suggested them, implying it wasn't exactly wanted by the community. Oh sure, you got hyped, but would you rather have something cool you had no idea what it was until the day of release, or have something you wanted so long for?

Some examples: Survival Game's /sponsor, world events, etc. No one asked for them
Lucky Island update: No one asked for them. Somehow, they prioritzed this over making the game more accessible by remove the respack requirement.
And who can forget Blockband, the game that not only wasn't suggested for, but no one even plays?
etc.

Now, I'm not implying these updates are bad, they're just, y'know, not what the community truly wants.
PS: it is possible that a few people have suggested them, but they kinda get outshadowed by /party.

Fix the chat filter: suggested numerous times, ignored by admins and moderators?!? Seriously, if you're not going to add it, at least explain why!
Remove the resource pack requirement for Lucky Islands: suggested a couple of times, ignored for whatever strange reason.
Confirmation before purchasing item w/ points: probably my most popular suggested, upvoted unanimously 32 times, what reply did I get? "Just be careful when opening the shop?" Come on.
And who can't forget /party, suggested tens, if not hundreds of times by the whole community, and somehow, just somehow, it took the development team 3+ years and counting to create. Wow, facepalm ‍♂️ .
etc.

Why are these popular and amazing suggestions being ignored? Hypothetically, it is because the team is working on things they want, not the things the community want. Cubecraft, the community is everything. Where would you be without us? It is your job to make us happy, or people will start leaving- oh wait they already are. Either that, or they pretend the suggestions forum is invisible or something. Trust me, making things people actually want will win more players than just simply adding random things. And players -> $$$.

So what's my suggestion then? Actually LISTEN to the community and start implementing and prioritizing user suggestions (the good ones, of course), instead of random features. Unless, of course, there is a major bug fix or something else of high priority ;).
I agree %100 with this, the new update for eggwars? Sure it was cool but there was still no /party yet, which was kinda very annoying. But i totally agree with this thread and I think that staff should really get to talk to the community more other then just making announcements out of nowhere and seeing how we react. I love these kind of threads, keep them up! :).

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Big argument that fits into most of these points: Not everyone has a forums account, which means that we'll never know how many players want a game to be updated. There are players that may have many great ideas that'll never be heard, because they're not on the forums.

Yet they are quite a nice part of the game in players opinions.

Well... when someone DOES ask for an update, they'd be breaking one of the forum rules.
Just because the game isn't getting suggestions, it doesn't mean that the community as a whole doesn't want that game to be updated.

Again, we'll never know what the community truly wants.
The forums don't represent everyone on the server, and I don't think it ever will. Not everyone is on the forums.
The suggestions we think our out of this world, may not be added for a very good reason. We might never even get to find out what.

Rebalancing: People have mixed opinions on it, and some of the leader board peeps feel that it's necessary to have it.
Chat filter: It wasn't actually ignored by the staff team at all. They DO see it, and a select few always reply to those & explain the situation as best they can.
Resource pack requirement: I agree with you here. I dislike having to download the resource pack, as half of the time it'll disconnect me from the server.
Confirmation before purchasing: Is it really a good thing to spend their time on? I mean.. it's never been a big problem for anyone, really. It's not like it'll completely ruin their gameplay. Sure, it'd be nice to have and all, but is it really worth the effort?
Party system: My only conclusion is that the party system was a very low priority due to the lack of suggestions about it last year. ( I don't remember seeing many )
(I put the underlines to separate the sections of the answer, as I feel that an entire space in between is a waste of space)

Why are these popular and amazing suggestions being ignored? Hypothetically, it is because the team is working on things they want, not the things the community want.
Well... yes and no.
Yes, they're working on the things they want to implement, but that doesn't automatically mean that they're not working on suggested features. The speed eggwars update MAY not have been exactly what was suggested, but it was definitely inspired by it.

Where would you be without us? It is your job to make us happy, or people will start leaving- oh wait they already are. Either that, or they pretend the suggestions forum is invisible or something. Trust me, making things people actually want will win more players than just simply adding random things. And players -> $$$. The decline is real. No one can ignore the fact that just one short year ago, we were consistently hitting 10K players, and even occasionally 20K. And now? We'd be lucky to get over 6K.
What do you suggest we do about this? Game updates & vanity suggestions won't be the thing reeling in players too much. Cube relies on Youtubers more than anything.
Do you ever see Cube on a server list? I don't... that's because voting is useless for the players.
Now that Youtubers are moving on, not everyone wants to play on Cube anymore.

All of what I've said at this point, makes for a good explanation on why this won't work as well as you'd hope.

Being heard doesn't automatically mean that you'll be responded to by staff members, let alone having it implemented.

JustxEsmee

Feb 2, 2016
The Netherlands
And who can't forget /party, suggested tens, if not hundreds of times by the whole community, and somehow, just somehow, it took the development team 3+ years and counting to create. Wow, facepalm
Well actually it is going to be added today with alot more things

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
According to a stream I watched earlier by the owners and Admins, they are planning to release an update very soon. One of the new features is party systems
Haven't we been waiting for the party system and they said it will come out "soon" ?

As for the thread, I agree with most of the points. It seems Cubecraft is shifting into a bad place where lots of players don't want it to go. The change to make cubecraft better wouldn't be the easiest thing to do, and I'm quite sure staff have ideas on how to make it be attracting to lots of players.

The update part I'm half and half on, I guess these game updates were put out there to occupy while they get to business with the real deal updates. I think it's reasonable to say that not all the updates are complete trash. The lucky islands update was truly amazing, and that kept up nice and ready for the eggwars update, and it shouldnt be long until we're gonna get a new amazing update.
I sometimes like to know what the next thing is gonna be, but I don't like it being predictable.

Just my opinions, I'm still a huge CCG nerd, but constructive criticism is always needed.

Reactions: Despacito 2

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
There have definitely been a few suggestions that were accepted for example Efcluke confirmed that s certain suggestion by Thefty about speed UHC crafting tables in death match or some of the PvP kits have been added like 1 by robotictoast or another by jxst
So it isn't like they ignore all suggestions

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
There have definitely been a few suggestions that were accepted for example Efcluke confirmed that s certain suggestion by Thefty about speed UHC crafting tables in death match or some of the PvP kits have been added like 1 by robotictoast or another by jxst
So it isn't like they ignore all suggestions
Sometimes, I feel like the only factor that affects whether your good suggestion gets added or not can be summed to one word: luck.

Milkyy

Apr 4, 2017
Somewhere in the dark abyss
Haven't we been waiting for the party system and they said it will come out "soon" ?
Most of us have been waiting for a while for them to release party systems. I know when I say "Soon" it sounds pretty fake. But if you'd watch the stream, you can see that the owners were already using their party systems, and can see that when one person joins a game, all 3 follows him in. I'm pretty sure that it'll be added sooner of later

Last edited:

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
We've all been waiting for a while for them to release party systems
I shall not be held responsible for MastahMilk's actions and shall also not be accused of this for it is not the case with me
We've all been waiting for a while for them to release party systems. I know when I say "Soon" it sounds pretty fake. But if you'd watch the stream, you can see that the owners were already using their party systems, and can see that when one person joins a gamw, all 3 follows him in. I'm pretty sure that it'll be added sooner of later
As for this I don't understand the change in message here
Are you being negative saying it isn't out yet or positive saying it is almost out?

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...

\:

Yes, Yes, Yes & Yes. You got it! Finally! I agree with almost everything you've said. Developers, Mods, Helpers, and Admins, have always said, "We are currently working on this. However, it is not in our top list." And all they've given us are games and updates no one really cares about. Most people in forums are just kids trying to get Helper rank. And no one can say I'm wrong there, cause I'm one of them lol. (;

Lucky Island update: No one asked for them. Somehow, they prioritized this over making the game more accessible by removing the repack requirement.
And who can forget Block band, the game that not only wasn't suggested for, but no one even plays?
etc.

Now, I'm not implying these updates are bad, they're just, ya know, not what the community truly wants.
PS: it is possible that a few people have suggested them, but they kinda get out shadowed by /party.

Again, you got it! This is just a small example of what I previously said. And of course, it wasn't a waste of time, SOME maps were ok. -.-

Remove Block Wars auto balance: suggested numerous times, ignored.
etc.

:

About ignored suggestions, I've been through all of this. Sort of. I definitely dislike EVERYONE's way to reply to a post. They are like, "No. I dislike" some of the good members actually give reasons, but they are not really helpful. I would love to have a community that if they see the potential in a post they shouldn't just say, "Yeah but-" BUT WHAT M8. HELP ME FIX THE THREAD, NOT JUST MAKE ME SAD AND SAY HOW BAD MY IDEA IS. For example, almost everyone above my reply. Like bruh, we are trying to help. Don't say "Nah". Now, the /party command has of course been wanted.... for a couple years... don't quote me and say, "They are working on this." I won't give a freak. -.- One thing I'm not sure about your thread is to remove the Lucky Islands resource pack. I've just never seen that kind of thread. I've seen people who can't play the game because they resource pack is too strong. :/

Why are these popular and amazing suggestions being ignored? Hypothetically, it is because the team is working on things they want, not the things the community want. Cubecraft, the community is everything. Where would you be without us? It is your job to make us happy, or people will start leaving- oh wait they already are. Either that or they pretend the suggestions forum is invisible or something. Trust me, making things people actually want will win more players than just simply adding random things. And players -> $$$. The decline is real. No one can ignore the fact that just one short year ago, we were consistently hitting 10K players, and even occasionally 20K. And now? We'd be lucky to get over 6K.

I'm not really sure about this, so I won't say I agree or disagree. I can't say what other people's intentions are so. It is true that they wouldn't be where they are at if it wasn't because of us, but they've put the effort into this. We gotta give some respect for that, even though it isn't what most of the community wants. I'm not really sure about if the server was getting 20,000 players in-game. I've seen 10,000 players in-game a few times, but this year is just terrible. We barely get 6,000 players.

It's simple: We are being ignored.

EDIT: I wanna see your response. @Tacosbefriends

I hope they listen now too. Otherwise, they know what will happen.

Milkyy

Apr 4, 2017
I shall not be held responsible for MastahMilk's actions and shall also not be accused of this for it is not the case with me

As for this I don't understand the change in message here
Are you being negative saying it isn't out yet or positive saying it is almost out?
Your making my life harder...

I said, that when I say "It's coming out soon", it sounds unreasonable since it's been so long and it's still not out. So, I said that if you have watched the stream, you can clearly see that the party system is functional, and will most likely be released any day now.

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
Your making my life harder...

I said, that when I say "It's coming out soon", it sounds unreasonable since it's been so long and it's still not out. So, I said that if you have watched the stream, you can clearly see that the party system is functional, and will most likely be released any day now.

Of course, they have been saying it for a while means that they MIGHT have worked at it. But it's been too long. Ain't no one gonna care if they say, "Soon™"

Milkyy

Apr 4, 2017
Of course, they have been saying it for a while means that they MIGHT have worked at it. But it's been too long. Ain't no one gonna care if they say, "Soon™"
At this point, it doesn't matter if you believe me or not. I have seen the stream myself, and have heard rubik talk through the new stuff they have worked on, including a couple that members have suggested.

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
At this point, it doesn't matter if you believe me or not. I have seen the stream myself, and have heard rubik talk through the new stuff they have worked on, including a couple that members have suggested.
Well, okay. I'll let you believe in whatever it is that you wish, but if you are disappointed you already know why.

N

Nikboo

Well... as you may know already! The party system came out now. /p in-game

But yeah, there are a lot of reasons as to why it took so long. Feel free to PM me for more information. (I'll only give what I can say).

Also, just going to mention: Don't you think it's a little strange how as soon as management shifted, the suggestions that the players are asking for are being added? Nick system, Party system and more to come! :)

StrikerDH

Jan 4, 2017
The Netherlands
I agree and disagree with this.
Agree? Because what you said:
etc.
And disagree because:
They added a few small things what people suggested.

But yeh... ''small things''
The things that they can easy and fast implement. They do it.
The things that takes time, bigger things. They dont do it. (or place it on there ''to do list'' and wait a year or something to add it.)

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Gemmmmie's profile.
Happy Birthday Gemmie!! 🥳🧁
Achieved level 85 on Bedrock today while scoring a pit in Bridges 5v5. Woohoo! 🎊
IMG_6444.png
Reesle wrote on bleedn's profile.
Hello! 👋
IMG_6431.png

Cool skin btw!
Reesle wrote on Jedidiahh's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🧁🐕
News: Halloween Event 2024 has got an update on the Notion Board!
Changes: Ender is the Halloween Game (coming to both Java and Bedrock) and halloween lobby quests are also coming!
1726859519935.png
Top Bottom