Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
This discussion focuses on Free for All, try to stay on topic!

samag1910

Feb 22, 2024
Art of the Warrior: The Most Popular Kit in Cubecraft FFA.
Intro. Go to “Kit Overview” to skip.

Cubecraft FFA has always been close to my heart. I’ve played it for years, & I always played after school to unwind. Even now, as I am starting college, I still have an intense passion for it. One of the best parts of it is that there is no way to win; it’s all about who has the highest killstreak & K/D ratio. This combined with the roster of maps & kits you can play as, which are all designed to fill out a different niche in the metagame, & you’ve a recipe for success!
Unfortunately, this game mode is not only largely overshadowed by other game modes, but it also must compete with bigger servers like Hypixel. This is why today, I will be analyzing by far the most popular kit in the game: The Warrior.
For those who haven’t played yet, its premise is simple: You spawn into a room where you can pick your kit. Once you pick, you can choose to spawn somewhere. You then get thrown into the map. There is no way to “Win”, but every time you land a kill, your kill points meter increases by one. But if you die, your death meter fills up, & you go back to kit selection. The lack of a win condition makes it more interesting, although the main point of the game is to maintain a high K/D ratio & get as many kills as possible before dying.

Kit Overview

The Warrior is one of the OG five kits that have been in the game since its beginning, along with the Beast, Sniper, Wizard & Samurai. The Berserker also used to be part of the club, but that’s a topic for another day.
As for the kit itself, the Warrior can be imagined as a Close Range DPS/Tank hybrid. It has an extremely potent Sharpness II Diamond Sword, which gives it a DPS second only to various glass cannon kits, (the Assassin, Stealth, & Wizard). In addition, it also has full Diamond armor. These two traits give it the ability to trade direct hits with any other kit in the game.
Despite this, I am reluctant to call it a “tank”. In real life, tanks were historically used to help support soldiers by forcing the enemy out of trenches & controlling space, instead of being their main damage dealer. Tanks in games are the same deal, focusing on shoving enemies out of territory rather than just doing big damage & having strong armor. Warriors don’t have a Knockback enchantment, meaning they’re more focused on the Close Range DPS aspect.

Fundamentals.

Playing the Warrior can be surprisingly easy to understand, yet hard to master.
One thing to note is a mechanic that applies to everyone. Critical Hits. Basically, if you jump & then hit while you’re still in the air, you can deal 50% more damage. This means that a Warrior can actually deal about 14 damage with a crit. This means that in theory you can defeat any other kit in the game with only 7 hits or less. I say in theory, because jumping too much can still leave you vulnerable to a counterattack, so starting a combo with one is the way to go.
Speaking of combos, they are highly important for most kits in general, but the Warrior’s combos can be especially effective. A lack of a Knockback enchantment can seem terrible on paper, but in practice it makes it easier to extend combos. This effectively increases your DPS
Other than that, getting the fundamentals right isn’t too scary, which is partly why it’s such a popular kit to play as.

Strategies
One thing that’s important to note is that staying at a mostly full health bar is crucial. Unlike other kits, which can just use their high knockback, speed or projectiles to defend themselves, the Warrior needs to have a high health bar to protect themselves. Even a slight difference in the amount you have left can flip your matchups, mainly against other Warriors.
So instead of just signaling that you are going to attack (AKA keeping your sword out before you get close) try to ambush them from the side & land a devastating combo. If you are low on health, try to do this on a kit with weak armor, since they won’t have the time to react before it’s too late. Killing another player gives you back some health, making it safer to do on a kit with stronger armor, like a Beast, lucky Blind Luck, Sniper, or another Warrior.
As for your location, pick a flat, open field. This is because you take plenty of fall damage, so being near a cliff can be risky unless you know what you’re doing.
A common strategy is to stick to a wall...& then do nothing. I don’t know why people do this.

Matchups
Snipers: 2/5.
A skilled Sniper can be a difficult matchup. Their high DPS of arrows, can mean that a few well-timed shots can make a difference. Even if you do manage to approach them, they can always just knock you back with their high knockback. It is not impossible though. Ambushing them can be a good option, but it may also be risky if you have low health. But teaming is infamously good against Snipers & their poor crowd control, which is basically the only reason why people don’t play them. However, teaming is a very toxic thing to do & should be generally avoided.

*Wizard: 1/5.
Wizards can be very tricky to deal with as well. Their DPS surpasses even yours, to the point where even your HP can be easily incinerated by them. They also have Swiftness II, which means they can drift out of the way of your attacks & counterattacks. Their armor also recently got buffed with Protection III, although this is partly balanced out by your DPS buff. They even have Healing Potions to immediately recover from your combos & swing back with their own.
Spawnkilling them before they drink up all their potions is the only way around this. Now to be fair, spawnkilling most of the time is something that is shameful. But if someone is spawning next to you just to revenge-kill you, then it’s OK to show that they can’t just win by choosing the right kit.

Beast: 4/5
This is a weird matchup. They do have Protection I, but your Sharpness II basically means that taking turns hitting each other will result in your winning. Getting the first hit guarantees a win

*Samurai: 4/5
Due to their weak armor, Samurais can be easily defeated with a well-timed combo. Remember that trapping someone in the air with a combo means they can’t just run away. Samurais could in theory defeat you with a combo, but this is usually only if you’re on low health.

Blind Luck: ?/5
This really depends on what armor they get. If they get weaker armor than you, than you can take them as an easy kill & thus have more health to fight more armored kits. If they have full Netherite armor, you should stay FAR away! Even if you think you know what you’re doing.

*Stealth: 2/5
It’s complicated. Warriors might be the Stealth’s only matchup where they don’t always win. Your strong armor means that even if they could land a nice surprise combo, you have ample time to react to it. What’s annoying is that they can just turn invisible instantly & just be able to escape. Even worse, they can pretend to escape, but then come flying back. A good player can maybe win, but not without risk.

*Assassin: 5/5
The Assassin completely struggles against you. Their extremely weak armor allows you to easily 4HKO them. Even with their Leap Feather, their cooldown gives you an opportunity to grind up their HP before then.

Poseidon: 5/5
The Poseidon is your best matchup. It is probably the best matchup of every other kit. It has tiny armor that you can easily defeat in just four hits. Despite this, the developers also apparently decided to give them weaker DPS than you. Even their ranged attack barely scratches your back.

Overview
You are the game’s premier heavyweight bruiser. Your DPS & Combo potential can grind up the HP of everything you touch. This combined with your armor makes you able to simply trade hits with whatever you desire
However, your complete lack of special abilities puts your at a disadvantage, as you have to rely purely on skill & fundamentals. You also lack many escape options.
Stats:
Attack: 9/10
Defense: 9/10
Speed: 5/10
Range: 2/10
Special: 1/10

Final Tier: C+

coolzombiee

Novice Member
Jun 20, 2024

Cubecraft FFA has always been close to my heart. I’ve played it for years, & I always played after school to unwind. Even now, as I am starting college, I still have an intense passion for it. One of the best parts of it is that there is no way to win; it’s all about who has the highest killstreak & K/D ratio. This combined with the roster of maps & kits you can play as, which are all designed to fill out a different niche in the metagame, & you’ve a recipe for success!
Unfortunately, this game mode is not only largely overshadowed by other game modes, but it also must compete with bigger servers like Hypixel. This is why today, I will be analyzing by far the most popular kit in the game: The Warrior.
For those who haven’t played yet, its premise is simple: You spawn into a room where you can pick your kit. Once you pick, you can choose to spawn somewhere. You then get thrown into the map. There is no way to “Win”, but every time you land a kill, your kill points meter increases by one. But if you die, your death meter fills up, & you go back to kit selection. The lack of a win condition makes it more interesting, although the main point of the game is to maintain a high K/D ratio & get as many kills as possible before dying.

Kit Overview

The Warrior is one of the OG five kits that have been in the game since its beginning, along with the Beast, Sniper, Wizard & Samurai. The Berserker also used to be part of the club, but that’s a topic for another day.
As for the kit itself, the Warrior can be imagined as a Close Range DPS/Tank hybrid. It has an extremely potent Sharpness II Diamond Sword, which gives it a DPS second only to various glass cannon kits, (the Assassin, Stealth, & Wizard). In addition, it also has full Diamond armor. These two traits give it the ability to trade direct hits with any other kit in the game.
Despite this, I am reluctant to call it a “tank”. In real life, tanks were historically used to help support soldiers by forcing the enemy out of trenches & controlling space, instead of being their main damage dealer. Tanks in games are the same deal, focusing on shoving enemies out of territory rather than just doing big damage & having strong armor. Warriors don’t have a Knockback enchantment, meaning they’re more focused on the Close Range DPS aspect.

Fundamentals.

One thing to note is a mechanic that applies to everyone. Critical Hits. Basically, if you jump & then hit while you’re still in the air, you can deal 50% more damage. This means that a Warrior can actually deal about 14 damage with a crit. This means that in theory you can defeat any other kit in the game with only 7 hits or less. I say in theory, because jumping too much can still leave you vulnerable to a counterattack, so starting a combo with one is the way to go.
Speaking of combos, they are highly important for most kits in general, but the Warrior’s combos can be especially effective. A lack of a Knockback enchantment can seem terrible on paper, but in practice it makes it easier to extend combos. This effectively increases your DPS
Other than that, getting the fundamentals right isn’t too scary, which is partly why it’s such a popular kit to play as.

Strategies
One thing that’s important to note is that staying at a mostly full health bar is crucial. Unlike other kits, which can just use their high knockback, speed or projectiles to defend themselves, the Warrior needs to have a high health bar to protect themselves. Even a slight difference in the amount you have left can flip your matchups, mainly against other Warriors.
So instead of just signaling that you are going to attack (AKA keeping your sword out before you get close) try to ambush them from the side & land a devastating combo. If you are low on health, try to do this on a kit with weak armor, since they won’t have the time to react before it’s too late. Killing another player gives you back some health, making it safer to do on a kit with stronger armor, like a Beast, lucky Blind Luck, Sniper, or another Warrior.
As for your location, pick a flat, open field. This is because you take plenty of fall damage, so being near a cliff can be risky unless you know what you’re doing.
A common strategy is to stick to a wall...& then do nothing. I don’t know why people do this.

Matchups
A skilled Sniper can be a difficult matchup. Their high DPS of arrows, can mean that a few well-timed shots can make a difference. Even if you do manage to approach them, they can always just knock you back with their high knockback. It is not impossible though. Ambushing them can be a good option, but it may also be risky if you have low health. But teaming is infamously good against Snipers & their poor crowd control, which is basically the only reason why people don’t play them. However, teaming is a very toxic thing to do & should be generally avoided.

Wizards can be very tricky to deal with as well. Their DPS surpasses even yours, to the point where even your HP can be easily incinerated by them. They also have Swiftness II, which means they can drift out of the way of your attacks & counterattacks. Their armor also recently got buffed with Protection III, although this is partly balanced out by your DPS buff. They even have Healing Potions to immediately recover from your combos & swing back with their own.
Spawnkilling them before they drink up all their potions is the only way around this. Now to be fair, spawnkilling most of the time is something that is shameful. But if someone is spawning next to you just to revenge-kill you, then it’s OK to show that they can’t just win by choosing the right kit.

This is a weird matchup. They do have Protection I, but your Sharpness II basically means that taking turns hitting each other will result in your winning. Getting the first hit guarantees a win

Due to their weak armor, Samurais can be easily defeated with a well-timed combo. Remember that trapping someone in the air with a combo means they can’t just run away. Samurais could in theory defeat you with a combo, but this is usually only if you’re on low health.

This really depends on what armor they get. If they get weaker armor than you, than you can take them as an easy kill & thus have more health to fight more armored kits. If they have full Netherite armor, you should stay FAR away! Even if you think you know what you’re doing.

It’s complicated. Warriors might be the Stealth’s only matchup where they don’t always win. Your strong armor means that even if they could land a nice surprise combo, you have ample time to react to it. What’s annoying is that they can just turn invisible instantly & just be able to escape. Even worse, they can pretend to escape, but then come flying back. A good player can maybe win, but not without risk.

The Assassin completely struggles against you. Their extremely weak armor allows you to easily 4HKO them. Even with their Leap Feather, their cooldown gives you an opportunity to grind up their HP before then.

The Poseidon is your best matchup. It is probably the best matchup of every other kit. It has tiny armor that you can easily defeat in just four hits. Despite this, the developers also apparently decided to give them weaker DPS than you. Even their ranged attack barely scratches your back.

Overview
You are the game’s premier heavyweight bruiser. Your DPS & Combo potential can grind up the HP of everything you touch. This combined with your armor makes you able to simply trade hits with whatever you desire
However, your complete lack of special abilities puts your at a disadvantage, as you have to rely purely on skill & fundamentals. You also lack many escape options.
Stats:

Wow this is a awesome description of warrior kit!

Reactions: samag1910

dream81501

Dec 5, 2023
France, Colmar
Pronouns
He/Him

Kit Overview

Fundamentals.

Strategies

Matchups

Overview
Stats:

Yes, I play currently FFA and the Wizzard kit is so op by their DPS, perma heal and slow u by poison damage, please CC, nerf Wizzard kit 🙁

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on CagriCann's profile.
Happy Birthday
Eli
Going to be making a more 2024-Eli-esque list of quotes for my About page. The old ones were a little meh.
Hellu everyone! :heart:
I'm officially back again :D,
As most of you know, I’ve been away for the past 20 days due to my final exams.. One of the most important things as it was my last year of high school.. I wanted to take a moment to thank you all and i appreciate every person who wished me luck during this while! :D
Catch you all soon, and wishing everyone wonderful time! <33
iTz1Hamood wrote on CagriCann's profile.
Happy birthday!! :)
What should I do if I bought the mecha pack and it doesn’t show in my buddies list …
Top Bottom