Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
Regular profile posts have a character limit of 420 or something, so why shouldn't statuses be the same? It'll give more freedom to users who want to say colorful things on their profile and stuff.

"But 'every' other website has a char limit of 140"
So? Why should we care?

"You can just type the rest in the reply; there is already a higher limit there."
I think it is pretty obvious why that isn't a viable solution. I mean, you got the giant 1m cooldown, people will have to scroll, etc. It's just a hassle to be put simply.

Oh and by the way, if you vote "No" and don't provide a good reason why, it won't count.

Last edited:
Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

ChillyTree

Mar 15, 2017
I think this happens because this causes spam. People would be able to spam other things on other users posts. Especially to staff. It would still be nice if they added 50 more characters to the posts!

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
Regular status posts have a character limit of 420 or something, so why shouldn't statuses be the same? It'll give more freedom to users who want to say colorful things on their profile and stuff.

So? Why should we care?
I do not mind the current limit since I do not use profile posts often. But I will be sharing some of my opinions.
#1 Why can't you just reply continuing your statement? Profile posts no longer count as a message so there is no harm. (Only issue is the 1 minute cooldown which shouldn't be an issue if you're still typing your addition in the reply).
#2 Profile posts really aren't meant to be long, similar to a status update. You shouldn't be writing paragraphs on it. If you got something big on your mind you can easily start a conversation with someone or just make a regular thread in Everything Else.

In general I do not mind as I do not use my profile or other people's profiles often and it won't really affect me.

Reactions: ChillyTree

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Reminds me of another suggestion about extending the character limit, personally, I don't mind the cap.

Dunno what you mean by colorful things to say on their profile, but I assume you mean quotes? Or what? But then again, you can always continue the quote onto your comment, and if people are really interested, they will check it out. But it can be a hassle.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Regular status posts have a character limit of 420 or something, so why shouldn't statuses be the same? It'll give more freedom to users who want to say colorful things on their profile and stuff.

So? Why should we care?

Its 140 now
Responding is 420

I guess make it 280
and keep 420

I'm nutreal actually I want to here what others have to say first.

MalakMos

Novice Member
Feb 25, 2017
Kuwait
Regular profile posts have a character limit of 420 or something, so why shouldn't statuses be the same? It'll give more freedom to users who want to say colorful things on their profile and stuff.

So? Why should we care?

"You can just type the rest in the reply; there is already a higher limit there."
I think it is pretty obvious why that isn't a viable solution. I mean, you got the giant 1m cooldown, people will have to scroll, etc.
Amazing idea!
I think this should be added because loads of players like posting lots of statuses!
Keep up the amenable work!

Thank you. :)

PressLaunchMike

Novice Member
May 30, 2017
London
I actually don't mind if they added this. It doesn't really but me and it doesn't affect me. I myself haven't encountered an issue with character limit on cubecraft. Go ahead you got my vote. +1

Kind regards,
PressLaunchMike.

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
Uuhm , i never saw someone who posted a long text with over the 100characters. I don't realy see whyyou wanna add this but ye why not it will give us some more space to write things down.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
With many new players who spam or advertise, this could be a good idea. People who just log in might only want to spam a helper or mod asking to ban a player or wanting to be unbanned. However, players who have more trophies have been on the forums longer and know not to spam.

New users would spam the profile regardless if this character extension was included. It's not like 60 trophies would prevent them from asking for an unban or a ban. All they have to say is, "Help, I've been banned even though I wasn't hacking!" And that would take up ~56 characters. Having a cap wouldn't matter.

Reactions: AboodPlayz

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
New users would spam the profile regardless if this character extension was included. It's not like 60 trophies would prevent them from asking for an unban or a ban. All they have to say is, "Help, I've been banned even though I wasn't hacking!" And that would take up ~56 characters. Having a cap wouldn't matter.
In addition to that players will most likely message farm and like farm to get the 60 trophies. I would rather have it so you unlock this ability after being active for a while.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I'm totally in for this. A time ago, I wanted to do some sentences as my status, but I wasn't able to due to that it was too long. This will fix such a problem.

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer

So? Why should we care?

I think it is pretty obvious why that isn't a viable solution. I mean, you got the giant 1m cooldown, people will have to scroll, etc. It's just a hassle to be put simply.
I agree with this idea, I do not see why this cannot be added.

Jackelele

Apr 14, 2017
United Kingdom
jackelele.co.uk
As is stands, it's currently defaulted to what the software has. From what I know, you cannot change the limit; however, there's mods/plugins out there to edit it. I'm sure one of website developers can do it *cough*

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

level 47 (i think lol) vip 30.

875 ctf 2v2 wins (as of rn)

yt channel with 5 subs :(

211 mc friends!
I got all 3 Halloween bundles and I'm VIP 25!!! A new username colors again!
WiggedWigg wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
yoyo ur the guy from the speedrun
Amacchi wrote on Mappoe's profile.
Sup sup yappoe
Top Bottom