Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you guys work and play longer to receive a free rank or other stuff?

• Yes

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • No

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • I'm unsure

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 28, 2020
Canada,Ontario
Hello Cubecraft community, I'm thecowcrafter_pc(java), or depending on what platform you play on I'm also ScottGamez(bedrock) I have a great suggestion that some servers have already started doing and it would be great if Cubecraft was among some of the good servers currently doing it.
Suggestion: Cubecraft adds challenges or more like some kind of pass that will allow for the player base to play and earn a free rank or free perk.
The reason why this should be added:
This simply should be added because It makes perfect sense to have this, This would push players to play longer and have something they can do and play for In the game and the market for Passes have already been tested on Minecraft servers and other games. This is out there already and Cubecraft should get on it while they can still be early to it this allows layers to play for something and pushes players to play on the servers and play for longer, in turn, making the server more money, then it would probably selling ranks and some people would still buy ranks because the pass is too hard this allows true and loyal players on Cubecraft have a way to receive a rank and you could possibly try this on both platforms!
Different ways you could handle the pass:
-make a new pass rank or something like that so people who spent money on ranks don't feel angry.
-Measure how long one player has to play to make the equivalent of the money Cubecraft would make by selling a rank
-Make it difficult so players still buy ranks with money
-Just to add the server doesn't only make money off ranks so this could be profitable but like always there is a risk but if it wasn't profitable other servers and games wouldn't be doing it.

Last edited:

colinverp

May 5, 2020
Helmond netherlands
I do not agree, but I still want it :joy: ,
the reason that I do not agree is that the whole point of a rank is that you buy it, this way the server gets money, and you get rewarded with extra perks where you pay for, the other way, if you make it really hard to get a rank upgrade, it is maybe a good idea. like: get to Lvl 100 and 100 wins and 500 kills (in any game(not in total but in 1 game)) for a rank upgrade.

Reactions: Scott Deschamps

Wauterrr

Dedicated Member
Oct 1, 2016
The Unknown
Challenges already exist, you can earn some xp, points and cubelets the amount you can get from completing those challenges changes every day.

May 28, 2020
Canada,Ontario
Yea but like you said its never gonna happen because the server needs money to run on.
This is true Cubecraft does need money to run and players being online more working for the pass would give the server money since the server doesn't only make money on selling stuff to the player base, Players playing longer would bring other players to the server like old and new players on the server since its a unique thing to have this, in turn, making more money for the game a lot of games are now doing these things I'll only mention non-Minecraft games like Fortnite, Apex possibly Overwatch 2 and many others

Brownieh

Feb 18, 2017
the oven at 180 degrees
Getting free ranks is not how Cubecraft works. You can already get free stuff by voting for the server, completing challenges and relic hunting or lobby fishing. What they could do is adding some kind of new ranking system, which is based on time played/skill that also gives you points and experience.

Kazwa

Forum Expert
Feb 23, 2020
Sweden ♡
Pronouns
He/Him
I don’t think that this is a good idea. The reason why it exists shops is that you can buy things like ranks for real money and I think that less people would buy things and grind instead which Cubecraft will get less money and might not be able to pay for the server anymore. -1

May 28, 2020
Canada,Ontario
I do not agree, but I still want it :joy: ,
the reason that I do not agree is that the whole point of rank is that you buy it, this way the server gets money, and you get rewarded with extra perks where you pay for, the other way, if you make it really hard to get a rank upgrade, it is maybe a good idea. like: get to Lvl 100 and 100 wins and 500 kills (in any game(not in total but in 1 game)) for a rank upgrade.
I like this comment cause It helps me explain this more in detail in my image although if this idea is used I bet Cubecraft would change it up but ranks would still be purchasable and players would still buy the ranks because It's too hard for them to get it by the pass for example or will take to long so this really depends on how hard Cubecraft would want the pass to be and whether they would measure the time played to be the equivalent of you buying a rank sense just playing the game in some ways can make the server money.

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Nope nope nope nope nope.. People bought stuff with real money it would be really unfair if others get it for free. Buy ranks/multipliers/cubelets/bundles with your own money and show that you support cubecraft. I really don't agree with you. If you want a rank upgrade, if you work for cube her translations team you can earn some stars to buy a rank upgrade and other cool stuff on the server so it basically is an option already.. but you have to work for it and not get it for free by doing nothing

Last edited:
Reactions: ShinyArrow
May 28, 2020
Canada,Ontario
Getting free ranks is not how Cubecraft works. You can already get free stuff by voting for the server, completing challenges and relic hunting or lobby fishing. What they could do is adding some kind of new ranking system, which is based on time played/skill that also gives you points and experience.
Yeah differently a different ranking system would be cool and that what I believe this thread is about to get the idea's flowing and looking for a cool change and a bit of that is kind of what I mean by a pass maybe Cubecraft wants to measure your timed played so they can make it an equivalent of you buying a rank sense in different way you playing the server overall makes them money.

Reactions: Brownieh

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
It’s a no for me, because if everyone can get a free rank, cubecraft will lose a lot of money. Much players will stop buying ranks, without money cubecraft can’t run the server. It would also be unfair for player who bought a rank.

Also cubecraft has a lot of different challenges where you can earn awards while playing. Take for example daily challenges, achievements and hidden chest in the lobby (with all of these you can get free points, xp and cubelets). Cubecraft also host competitions where you can win things like a rank upgrade, you can find these here.

May 28, 2020
Canada,Ontario
Nope nope nope nope nope.. People bought stuff with real money it would be really unfair if others get it for free. Buy ranks/multipliers/cubelets/bundles with your own money and show that you support Cubecraft. I really don't agree with you
This is a fair argument that's why if It was hard to receive the rank from the pass it would probably make a lot of people who had spent money on the server feel better because either way people will still buy the ranks with money sense maybe the pass is way to hard or takes to much time therefore not feeling like a loss or maybe they make new ranks for the pass or something along that line.

May 28, 2020
Canada,Ontario
It’s a no for me, because if everyone can get a free rank, cubecraft will lose a lot of money. Much players will stop buying ranks, without money cubecraft can’t run the server. It would also be unfair for player who bought a rank.

Also cubecraft has a lot of different challenges where you can earn awards while playing. Take for example daily challenges, achievements and hidden chest in the lobby (with all of these you can get free points, xp and cubelets). Cubecraft also host competitions where you can win things like a rank upgrade, you can find these here.[/QUOTE
I imagine there will be a couple more of these comments I already replied to one like this so I'll keep it short the server makes money in different kind of ways and one of those ways involves the player base increasing or playing for longer increasing their numbers this way the server may increase in profit, of course, there is always a risk with new idea's but it is a tested market and one of my comments bought up how they could probably measure the amount of time you would have to spend on their server to be an equivalent to a rank therefore maybe they use that number to reflect the pass so they're profiting or breaking even

Darkninja27

Hope you have a nice day :)
Sep 22, 2016
Hi there
I don't like this idea If you earn IRL money by playing games people would stop donating to the server. If you want rank's or multipliers you can donate to the server.
Also, there are already challenges on cubecraft java. If you achieve a challenge you get points, cubelets and exp.

Reactions: ShinyArrow
May 28, 2020
Canada,Ontario
Hi there
I don't like this idea If you earn IRL money by playing games people would stop donating to the server. If you want rank's or multipliers you can donate to the server.
Also, there are already challenges in Cubecraft java. If you achieve a challenge you get points, cubelets, and exp.
You wouldn't earn Irl money you would just earn an In-game rank or other things that maybe Cubecraft would want to add and I already touched on the money side In other comments and talked about depending on how they handled it there could be an increase in profit but like always there is a risk but if it wasn't profitable other Minecraft servers wouldn't be doing it.

colinverp

May 5, 2020
Helmond netherlands
what about a special extra rank for playing, like in front of your name: beginner, advanced pro, master, so you can see how good other players are, and maybe something extra like armour in the lobby for you're skill Lvl. so you can give a bit status in the lobby.

May 28, 2020
Canada,Ontario
what about a special extra rank for playing, like in front of your name: beginner, advanced pro, master, so you can see how good other players are, and maybe something extra like armour in the lobby for you're skill Lvl. so you can give a bit status in the lobby.
That's very true and a great Idea and I hope staff really look at all these comments because yeah maybe they don't think this is a good idea but maybe something great can be brought out of this either way!

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I really disagree. This would result in less people buying at least one of all the possible purchasable item from the store, only because they can get it for free by playing non-stop. CubeCraft isn’t ‘other servers’. It’s CubeCraft. In my opinion, CubeCraft is original and should stay like that: Not copy other servers. If you want stuff from the store, you’re going to have to donate for it. You don’t ‘buy’ the store items. You donate to Cube and as a sign of gratitude, we give you certain items available in the store. That’s one of the reasons why it would be unfair to the users who have donated to the server. Having any kind of pass, challenges or anything similar would be really unfair and it’s honestly a no-go to me.
No. Just no. A special rank for each ‘skill level’ would have numerous downsides. There is no need for an extra rank: There are already way too many. Think about the shortage of colour codes to use. All the colour codes except for white (&f) and black (&0) are already in use for rank colours. Having duplicate colours will only make it confusing. We already have regular levelling. CubeCraft shouldn’t have another levelling system. The current levelling system is what gives you so said status. High levels usually indicate skilled or knowledgeable players. I do not agree that CubeCraft should have extra ranks for status and perks granted by just levelling up through some sort of system. The only ranks right now are granted to cooperatives and volunteers (Staff, YouTubers) and donators (paid ranks).

In my opinion, the current levelling system should be paid attention to and should be refreshed/remade, not a complete new one. I agree that CubeCraft should go back to having levelling rewards such as cosmetic items like back in the day (Yellow gear, for example, was unlocked by reaching level 40, et cetera) for the main levelling system. I’d also love to see some kind of reward system that grants you rewards such as cubelets, points and/or loot points and such for levelling up.

colinverp

May 5, 2020
Helmond netherlands
I really disagree. This would result in less people buying at least one of all the possible purchasable item from the store, only because they can get it for free by playing non-stop. CubeCraft isn’t ‘other servers’. It’s CubeCraft. In my opinion, CubeCraft is original and should stay like that: Not copy other servers. If you want stuff from the store, you’re going to have to donate for it. You don’t ‘buy’ the store items. You donate to Cube and as a sign of gratitude, we give you certain items available in the store. That’s one of the reasons why it would be unfair to the users who have donated to the server. Having any kind of pass, challenges or anything similar would be really unfair and it’s honestly a no-go to me.

No. Just no. A special rank for each ‘skill level’ would have numerous downsides. There is no need for an extra rank: There are already way too many. Think about the shortage of colour codes to use. All the colour codes except for white (&f) and black (&0) are already in use for rank colours. Having duplicate colours will only make it confusing. We already have regular levelling. CubeCraft shouldn’t have another levelling system. The current levelling system is what gives you so said status. High levels usually indicate skilled or knowledgeable players. I do not agree that CubeCraft should have extra ranks for status and perks granted by just levelling up through some sort of system. The only ranks right now are granted to cooperatives and volunteers (Staff, YouTubers) and donators (paid ranks).

In my opinion, the current levelling system should be paid attention to and should be refreshed/remade, not a complete new one. I agree that CubeCraft should go back to having levelling rewards such as cosmetic items like back in the day (Yellow gear, for example, was unlocked by reaching level 40, et cetera) for the main levelling system. I’d also love to see some kind of reward system that grants you rewards such as cubelets, points and/or loot points and such for levelling up.
yes, that was what I meant at first, maybe a rank isn't a good idea indeed, but maybe have the Lvl players are in front of there name when you press tab/type in chat? the downside of this could be that some names become really long. but now you can't show your Lvl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

BicolourSine41 wrote on finnyboy300's profile.
Hello!!!!!!! Welcome!
Weekly poll starting this/next week (depending on where you are I guess it might already be this week lol)
10 EUR... for this? Oh boy 😔

1729245754252.png
A..111I wrote on totoloji's profile.
Capitan wrote on cristian2259's profile.
peponcio
Top Bottom